16 May 2011

Bottom of the List Project

Now that I do not have pre-calculus homework most of the minutes that I am home, and after spending a few days getting caught up on current things, I moved way down my project list to this birthday banner.
I have seen lots of these banners and just love them. I really am drawn to text in artwork.
Three boys at home, so nothing girly.

I used three different black and white patterned fabrics, with black letters. And a light blue strip along the top.  I am hoping this combination will work with most any birthday we celebrate.

Here it is all pinned together. A little overlap on the triangles because the light blue strip, which is extra wide double fold bias tape (it comes in lots of colors) was only so long. It just fit!

I used a zigzag stitch to hold it all together.
Look at those cute little letters! The tutorial that I used suggested felt, which is what these are. But these have a secret. It is sticky back felt, so I just cut them out and stuck them on - Easy!
They work great for now, but I am seeing in my future they will need to be sewn on. Not sticky enough. Rats.

I got everything at Hobby Lobby. There is the Prestofelt. Nice thing about this stuff, I can use the leftovers on the bottom of my chair legs. Cheap, too!

The bias tape comes just like this, folded over and ready to work. Love this stuff. Just slide the triangle in there, pin and sew. Done.

happy birthday
Love it!

I got so carried away cutting triangles, I had enough to make another banner. Since we have graduations and other significant events in our near future, I thought this might work.

Oh, and I totally passed my pre-calculus class with a B. No more math classes for me.
I did it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment