10 June 2010

Down to the Wire

(What a funny expression that is.)
For the last several months, we have been in the wedding preparations mode. Since David asked Lauren to marry him last summer, we have been thinking, planning, brainstorming, budgeting, cutting coupons, watching for deals and sales, stocking up on supplies, making invitations, corsages and boutineers, flowers, favors, centerpieces and other decorations, finding the perfect gown and getting it fitted, reminding the groom of his duties, coordinating with the groom's family, purchasing all kinds of things, finding (finally) a dress for me and a suit for Darren, and all around getting things under control for this event, that is now less than two weeks away.
Horray!
I have loved planning and working on this and I would not trade one moment of the joy I have felt doing this for Lauren and David. Now it is the winding down time. Whenever I have had free time lately, I double checked the 'to do' list, and do something productive for the wedding. I love seeing those items crossed off my list that are complete, and the ever growing pile of things to take for the reception. And I have tried (pretty successfully) not to get to crazy obsessed about things. It has been great fun and I really love this kind of stuff.
What am I going to do with myself after June 20th?
Actually, lots.
I have ideas in my head, to put down on a list, and then all the thinking, planning, brainstorming, budgeting, cutting coupons, watching for deals and sales, stocking up on supplies, painting, sorting, organizing, cleaning, reworking and all around getting things done that is going to happen. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment