20 April 2010

My Work Here Is Done

Does she look lonely or forlorn?
To me, she looks proud.
I have to say, this was a hard thing to do. I have loved this gal since I first laid eyes on her. She came to our house feeling unloved and unwanted, but she soon grew to trust us and feel at home. Over time, with a little help, her true beauty came through. See her story here and here.
Alas, there is her little issue. (We all have our issues, don't we?) I think her odor is part of her who she is. But the more time we spent together, the more obvious it came to be that our time united was limited. We both knew that it would not work for us. And preparations were made for finding a new home for this old girl.
Hence, the curb.
But unlike when I found her on another curb, this was a dresser that was proud to display her qualities. The makeover gave her the confidence she needed to be on the lookout for the next adventure. She was ready for this move.
Lo and behold, she caught the attention of a thrifty, friend to the earth. He was just as happy to see her as she was to see him. He even called a friend to share the good news! I am sure he was in a quandry as how to get her home, since he was loaded up already with other treasure.
But he knew he must get her home. And so the next leg of her journey begins on the hood of the truck!
I am so happy for her to have found a new home. I am sure she will be loved and used to her full capacity, as she should be.
It is not easy being a foster family for furniture. We all got pretty attatched to her, and a few in my family questioned if we were doing the right thing (especially Colin, who helped me load and unload her a few times). But to see her new owner so excited makes it all worth it.

1 comment: