08 December 2009

Things I Do Not Regret

Thinking recently about my blessings, I realized that there are some things that I have done and things I continue to do that I do not regret, that are some of my greatest blessings.

Some of the big ones -

Right off the bat, I decided that I should take good care of my body. I have seen the damage alcohol can do to a person and to families, so I knew I did not want to go that route. I have never regretted not giving into marketing and peer pressure to get involved with all that. And as time goes by, and I am more aware of all kinds of things that are damaging, and I love taking care of myself. Eating well and exercising are things I like to do, and I feel great. With guidance from God (and other, lesser professionals), I have learned so much, and have much to learn, I'm sure.

Hero and I got married pretty young. I was 19. LOTS of people thought we were too young. But I do not regret marrying that boy - never have, never will. We have learned and made mistakes together, and I think because we were young, we are more like one than two. I have no words to descibe how blessed I am to be sealed to him for eternity.

Each one of our children has his or her own specialness and we love them all soooo much. That being said, it has not always been a piece of cake being a mom. Those traits that make them so awesome are sometimes in conflict with my own, and they can make me crazy! I do not regret the decision to have a larger family (even though we are chronically poor) and I do not regret having each one in our family. They each are such a blessing to our family. We would not be complete without each one of them!

Joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Click http://murphysfavoritehero.blogspot.com/2009/05/living-life.html?zx=b96e9f2aa1229068 for thoughts on that.

And some of the smaller ones -

I never regret:

-spending time with my children, either one on one or as a family.

-going on dates with Hero.

-spending a little more money on quality stuff.

- reading a good book.

- learning all kinds of things, like playing the piano, how to cook, sewing, figuring out technology stuff and other great things.

- trying new things, even if they are a little intimidating.

- following a prompting to do good for someone.

- reading the scriptures and listening to the prophets.

- sharing.

- praying.

- listening to people I love.

- working hard.

And so many more. I am grateful that I get to choose and am accountable for those choices, because I either 1-learn from the mistake, or 2-enjoy the reward. It's a great plan, that brings so much happiness.

And few regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment